Message Archive for winter-aux

[INST] Instrumental Music Updates for Friday, March 27th

Sent: Fri Mar 27, 2020 • 8:28 PM PDT
From: Kneebone, Jason

[INST] Instrumental Music Updates for Friday, March 27th
Music Families,

We hope this email finds you all well. Considering the rapid pivot in our lifestyles, it is our sincere wish that each of you is finding solace in the abundance of family time. This situation certainly puts a lot of things in a new perspective.

While we're all transitioning into a new way of learning and teaching, don't forget that you can always find comfort in music, from listening during homework to cranking it for those living room dance parties :)

With the latest extension of the District closures, the following changes have been made to our upcoming events:
  • All remaining Winter Guard and Percussion events have been canceled.
  • Jazz Festival has been canceled.
  • The Spring Chamber Concert has been postponed until further notice.
  • Remaining May events are still on the calendar until further notice.
If you are picking up an instrument on Monday, please refer to the Time Sheet (some times have been adjusted slightly) and please have students RSVP to the meeting invitation that went out yesterday (remember that a 'Yes' confirmation means you understand when your 5-minute pick-up window is). We are looking forward to continuing to make music together!

Speaking of music, if you need any supplies, West Valley is still operating through scheduled appointments. Like many businesses around the area, they are in a tough situation since Music Stores (somehow) aren't considered essential... You can reach out and place an order for pick-up by emailing Diana Tucker at wvalleymusic@xxxxxxxxx

Stay safe and healthy over the coming weeks. While you check in daily with all of your classes, be sure to check in with your own mental health and wellness. Here's a great Resource if you need some guidance.

All Our Best,
-Jason & Anna