[INST] Spartans, Assemble! The Design Lab is OPEN!

Sent: Wed Jun 17, 2020 • 10:30 AM PDT
From: Kneebone, Jason

[INST] Spartans, Assemble! The Design Lab is OPEN!
Design Lab Email Banner.png
Musicians!

The school year might be over, but California's Stay Home protocol is still largely in effect
which means many of you might be wondering what to do with all this free time on your hands...

Worry not, we have the solution! In an attempt to provide our Communities with our own brand
of 'essential' services, we have created the MVSpartanMusic Design Lab - this is a brand new,
collaborative online resource developed specifically for the proactive Spartan!

Part think-tank, part creative studio, the Design Lab is a virtual workshop for MVHS students
to stay connected and engaged over the summer months. It is a place where new ideas can be
fostered, teams can be assembled, and YOUR OWN 'Special Projects' can be fully realized.

We have some Special Project examples of our own that we'll need some assistance with:
  • 'Virtual Preschool Concert' - One of Wind Ensemble and Chamber Orchestra's
    favorite gigs is when we get to invite our local preschool classes to Packard Hall and
    introduce them to our instruments. This is a wonderful way to invest in our future and
    we're looking to create a video for our tiny audiences to enjoy next year.
  • 'Website Tune-Up and Update' - Our online presence is growing. We need to be
    sure that we're providing our public with the most accurate, student- and parent
    centered information available. It's time to try and break mvspartanmusic.net and give
    it a well-deserved content update.
  • 'Instrumental Music Recruitment' - We unfortunately missed a very important
    recruitment window this past Spring and we'd like to recoup some potential performers.
    This resource can be applied across the spectrum, from Color Guard to Low Brass.
This short list is merely scratching the surface of possibilities. We are only limited by our own
imaginations. Here are the answers to some questions that you may have already:

Who is this actually for? You, us, and them! 'You' are the individuals with the ideas, the drive,
and the creativity to see things through. 'Us' is the team that will get the job done. 'Them' is all
the communities that will benefit from these projects (think MVHS and beyond).

Sounds like Summer School... Not a question, but you're right, kinda... This is 100% optional.
That said, we are confident that we have a handful of very dedicated students who love giving
back to this program. If you sign up, we will assume that you're ready, willing, and able to put
in some high-quality volunteer hours.

I just graduated, can I still participate? Yes! We'd love to have you on board. You are a part
of this awesome community for life!

I'm a parent with some cool/rad ideas of my own, can I help? Yes! Feel free to chime in on
your students' mvla.net accounts (since Google Classroom has certain limitations).

How do I submit an idea? We'll have a process in place that utilizes the full G-Suite of tools.
Outside of that, many of the same A/V applications that we used during Distance Learning will
come in handy.

I'm in! How do I sign up? We have created a supplementary Google Classroom - all you need
to do is enroll in clz2gqr and you're all set. We have links up to some preliminary resources.
We'll be scheduling a Zoom Meeting Kickoff in the next few days, so enroll now!

As always, we hope this email finds you and your families well. We understand that many of you
left this semester feeling a bit unfulfilled with school. It is our goal to provide you with some
ongoing efforts to stay connected and get some meaningful work done. Thank you in advance
for offering your time and creative energy to this project!

Our Best,
-Jason & Anna