[INST] Updates on Cancellations Due to COVID-19

Sent: Thu Mar 12, 2020 • 9:55 AM PDT
From: Linde, Anna

[INST] Updates on Cancellations Due to COVID-19
Hello Instrumental Music Families,

By now you should have received an email that was sent on Tuesday afternoon from our Superintendent, Dr. Nellie Meyer, announcing that various school events are cancelled in efforts to minimize the spread of COVID-19. While the email that was sent does not specify what events will be cancelled, Jason and I spoke with the principals from both schools. They have directed us to cancel the following events:

3/14 Winter Auxiliary Competitions at Monta Vista and James Logan - CANCELLED
3/28 Winter Auxiliary CCGC Champs and Mountain House Competition - CANCELLED
3/19-3/21 MVHS Mamma Mia! Performances - POSTPONED- we have postponed our performances to May 14th, 15th, and 16th
4/11 Winter Percussion Competition in Stocktonwe will have more information on this soon and whether it will need to be cancelled since it falls within our Spring Break.

The District made this decision in alignment with Santa Clara County of Education and the Santa Clara Health Department. Furthermore, this decision was made independently of the current status of any destination or any outside organizations such as NCPA and CCGC. As we get closer to Spring Break, the District will re-assess the conditions and make further decisions on how to proceed with events towards the end of the semester (including but not limited to Jazz Festival, May Concert, etc.).

Please understand that there are many questions that we are unable to answer at this time. We will do our best to follow-up with District communications regarding COVID-19 and how they directly impact Performing Arts.

We sincerely apologize for this and realize it is disappointing. Jason and I are discussing positive solutions in order to maximize your educational and musical experiences. Please take care of yourselves as we work through this challenging time as a community.

Best,
Anna and Jason

--
Anna Linde