Message Archive for club-gwc

Fwd: FYI

Sent: Tue Jan 14, 2020 • 10:45 AM PST
From: Pare, Claire Marie
  • To: club-gwc (at) MVHS ELISTS
  • Subject: Fwd: FYI
  • From: "Pare, Claire Marie" <100019874 (at) MVLA>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 10:45:30 -0800

Fwd: FYI
Anyone want to do this?

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Nguyen, Ly <ly.nguyen (at) MVLA>
Date: Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 11:16 AM
Subject: FYI
To: Pare, Claire Marie <100019874 (at) MVLA>

LinkedIn is hosting a Coding Camp in the Feb break week (ski week?). It’s for girls or non-binary only as it’s sponsored by Women in Tech. The goal is to give more STEM exposure to women and girls.

Please send this to the girls in your classes so they can decide if they would like to apply.

Overview: LinkedIn is excited to announce that we are piloting our first Code[in] Camp sponsored by Women In Tech. This camp is a 5 day coding camp held at LinkedIn’s Sunnyvale office. This opportunity is for high school female and non-binary students at least 16 years of age. Leveraging LinkedIn Learning courses, students will learn HTML and _javascript_. Throughout the week, participants will gain exposure into LinkedIn culture, insight into what it’s like to work as a software engineer, and an opportunity to build relationships with employees. We will end the week with a Hack-a-thon where participants will have the chance to work in teams and present to our engineers.

Prerequisite: Camp Participants must be at least 16 years old and currently in high school. Participants do not need to have any coding exposure to sign up. However, they will be asked to watch LinkedIn Learning courses as homework in advance. A trial subscription to LinkedIn Learning will be provided.

Camp Dates: Camp will be February 18th to February 21st from 9am-3pm; Hackathon on February 22nd from 8am to 8pm.

If interested, please fill out the application here. 3 All applications are due by January 31st. Selected participants will be notified by February 4th.

--
Ly Nguyen
Ly.Nguyen (at) MVLA