Message Archive for winter-percussion

Update and First Show Logistics

Sent: Mon Jan 25, 2016 • 2:55 PM PST
From: Adam Tsukamoto
  • To: "winter-percussion (at) MVHS ELISTS" <winter-percussion (at) MVHS ELISTS>
  • Subject: Update and First Show Logistics
  • From: Adam Tsukamoto <adamt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 22:54:43 +0000 (UTC)
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=pacbell.net; s=s2048; t=1453762484; bh=LjcN9MwVlXuSi5QvdjIytabBTCRD1laZ5fLsHgPq7WE=; h=Date:From:Reply-To:To:Subject:References:From:Subject; b=uB8L/K7H+oG4/4lB+EwTc5AffaiKFlO10OO9LyEhUqDpNDsNbbeU4OB4o1eW6/NShma3l4cdnrXMPECaExDJUnQEJWa79pChXA3cSl2JxTdWl9uxiCX/FzfNk8V9P9dREQH9SnSg9xQwim+EVh04jFgvQ1IKzttfMWKmEhmrJj3M40tkomRilrEHqQHgxq7vl58Wt815ckUC+tBDaiaj8qtK01/dTAMiXlOxcAbA525uZua3BahuGpQpWkFBv5PBupEIRlz3TPTKPO+y9LzJ/2QP+r+BdIGCn5bil3W6+ncE71OEIp/8UugD+hN3OevNdSFoaC+G8n4q8odSuHky+g==

Update and First Show Logistics
Hello Everyone!

    I hope you are all having a Happy New Year! In this email, I will be giving you a quick update on the group, as well as an outline of our first show logistics.

    This years version of the Mountain View Winter Percussion is off to a great start. We already have our first movement on the floor, and are quickly learning and producing the rest of the show. By the end of the week we will have over 2/3 of the show finished! This is very exciting as we have never been this far along so early in the season.  The members are doing a great job with all of the material we have been giving them, and are really starting to turn this show into a production!

    Just a few house keeping things, if your student is to miss a rehearsal, please make sure that either myself, Jason or Dana is aware of their absence. Most of the students have done a great job at notifying me, but we have had a couple cases of no show no notification.  Please make sure that your student is communicating any absences as to ensure their security, and to keep our rehearsals productive.

Now, onto the fun stuff. With our first show about a month away, we need to start making volunteer lists.  Last season we used a google doc to have sign ups for certain positions. These positions include:
- Truck Driver
- Carpool
- Snacks ( Water, protein bars, fruit)

Here is the link: https://docs.google.com

In this document, you will find the show schedule, as well as lists for each task for that day. I know that you all have regularly scheduled lives, but the group can use all of the help we can get, and it will give you the chance to watch your student perform for an audience of their peers, and partake in an experience they can share with hundreds of other kids.

Show day schedules will be available as soon as we have our performance times.  As I stated before, these shows will take up the entire day. If a student wishes to leave early from a show, all they need to do is notify one of us, but we do encourage everyone to stay and support the other ensembles who have been working just as hard as your students.  Its a day full of music and fun!

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at:
email: adamt@xxxxxxxxxxx
phone: (408) 834-5846

I want to thank you all for your support, and I look forward to a great season!

Have a great day,

Adam Tsukamoto

Mountain View High School
Percussion Coordinator