Message Archive for winter-percussion

Season Wrap up

Sent: Tue Apr 21, 2015 • 3:49 PM PDT
From: McDonnell, Dana

Season Wrap up

Hello Winter Percussion Parents!

Congratulations to everyone on a great Winter season! All of the members did a great job this year, and the group received a lot of good feedback from the percussion community. Many of my colleagues praised them on their performance abilities, and many of the judges said the same.  Going into the season, we, as a staff, knew that we would be asking a lot of the students.  Many of our members were brand new to this activity, and even to percussion, but despite these obstacles, the group prevailed.  Their performance abilities has flourished throughout the season, and a new standard has been set at Mountain View for future ensembles to strive for, and hopefully improve upon.

I would also like to thank all of you for your support this year.  As many of you know, this was my first year organizing and orchestrating a group of my own.  It was a very exciting and humbling experience.  I learned a lot about how to run an ensemble, but I would not have been able to do it without your support.  Parent involvement is key to the success of a performing group like this.  It helps the ensemble run smoothly, and in my experience, also gives the members a boost to see their parents partaking in an activity that they are so passionate about.  I hope to see you all again next year, whether as a spectator or you have a student in the ensemble; any support from the families and the community is great.  Also, I cannot leave out my amazing staff. They are the real heroes behind this group's success, and they deserve the highest of praise.

I also want to take this time to ask for your feedback on the season.  I have evaluated myself, and recognize many things that need improvement concerning logistics and functionality, but I would love to hear your thoughts.  So please, do not be afraid to send me some suggestions, or just your thoughts.

Thank you all again so much!

Best wishes,

Adam Tsukamoto

Mountain View High School