[INST] 2019 Wind Ensemble & Chamber Orchestra Auditions

Sent: Tue Feb 12, 2019 • 1:58 PM PST
From: Kneebone, Jason

[INST] 2019 Wind Ensemble & Chamber Orchestra Auditions
Musicians,

Here are the audition requirements for our two advanced ensembles going into next year:

WIND ENSEMBLE
  1. **Recommendation from current Director**
  2. All twelve major scales, one octave. Please use the 'SCCBDA' Scale pattern.
  3. Two prepared excerpts of varying styles (student's choice - recommendation: fast & technical vs. slow & melodic), no more than 90 seconds each. Examples of appropriate excerpts can be found HERE
  4. There may be a short sight-reading excerpt.
CHAMBER ORCHESTRA
  1. **Recommendation from current Director**
  2. All twelve major scales, two octaves where appropriate. Please use the 'CODA Audition' Scale pattern.
  3. Prepared excerpts (by instrument, found HERE) - please note tempos - ALL excerpts required.
  4. There may be a short sight-reading excerpt.
A copy of the rubric that will be used can be reviewed HERE. Auditions will be held on April 2nd-5th and will have 10-minute slots from 3:00pm to 5:00pm each day. There will be a sign-up sheet on Jason's door - we will also make auditions available during 1st and 4th period during that week.

Let us know if there are any further questions. Thank you!
-Jason & Anna

"Burn the land and boil the sea, You can't take the sky from me." ~Serenity

Stay connected with the Instrumental Music Department on Twitter and Facebook!