Message Archive for november-soup

additional volunteers needed for MVHS teacher soup and salad dinner

Sent: Mon Oct 10, 2016 • 12:32 PM PDT
From: Lamar Haggart
  • To: november-soup (at) MVHS ELISTS, mvhs-ptsa (at) MVHS ELISTS
  • Subject: additional volunteers needed for MVHS teacher soup and salad dinner
  • From: Lamar Haggart <lhaggart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 12:32:39 -0700
  • Cc: Sara Jenez <sara.jenez@xxxxxxxxx>, Kyuri Doeden 🚴 <kkimd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Margot <margot.miller.web@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=from:subject:date:message-id:cc:to:mime-version; bh=dJy0Ot+KKf2KiWEbM8uzH8ycCpn3cp9MwUL2S9uzjQ8=; b=j7DfwEe2SOvLmuHhidls3LV8j4VCDL7fVa9NDC+nCRjnYNLVdQuHGcw3fq560xIcNS vp0dDAJMQmDdVXnr11YIv9L2bOS8d/NumbFKNF4HTiVvWmG/ZaH6wBJvEt3Sx4s876zb qOeoSFGn9sCiyrlmwh5B4O6QBRfWoQAnGSSY9bqNP/nVDb/0KoC//lk4dBZdCl4qqA0w cmrTLwQetQqxZYIzwQT5LNIK8rbAecjIDqUm0gRmiGUtIOMBhXbqFFbLRW8yrwseOHcF a7LWuFM1eVEp4QJ+GVHEvqyF86iC5GTbvZGMpQ/NW+RyidGgX6KrZo3gRUPp7xI+QlB3 MCHw==

additional volunteers needed for MVHS teacher soup and salad dinner
If you have already signed up to provide soup, salad, or dessert, or to help serve, set-up, or clean-up, THANK YOU! Everyone else, we need you! So far we have very few sign-ups and conferences are next week.

Parent/teacher conferences are coming up October 20 & 21 and every year the PTSA provides a soup and salad dinner for the teachers so they have one less thing to worry about during this very busy time for them. We ask parent volunteers to provide soup, salad and dessert while the PTSA will supply paper products, bread, and beverages.

Details for each day:
Drop off /set-up 3:30 to 5:00 pm
Serve and clean-up 5:15 to 7:00 pm

Location: MVHS Cafeteria

Please sign up at this link http://tinyurl.com/q35go4r  Each day has a separate tab for sign-ups. You are more than welcome to sign up for multiple tasks. For those of you who elect to set up, serve or clean up there is plenty of flexibility for you to leave for any scheduled teacher conference.

Soup volunteers (10-12 people each day):  Please provide generous servings for 10 in a crockpot with a ladle.  We typically serve two or three vegetarian options along with other mainstream soups.  Soups should be delivered to the cafeteria between 3:30 and 5:00 pm.  If you do not have access to a crockpot, please try to borrow one from a friend.  The soups will not stay warm without a crockpot, and we don't have any extras to lend.  Please return to the cafeteria by 6:30 pm to pickup your crockpot and utensils.

Salad Volunteers (3-5 people each day): NEW this year! PTSA will provide caesar salad, but if you have another favorite crowd pleaser to add to the mix, we’d love for you bring it! It should be large enough for 8-10 servings. Please return by 6:30 to pick-up your serving bowl and utensils.

Dessert volunteers (5-6 people each day):  Please deliver 3-4 dozen items to the cafeteria between 3:30 and 5 pm.  Disposable serving trays are fine; if you want your serving piece back, please label it and return at 6:30 pm to pick it up.

Set-up volunteers (3 people): We need to set 10-12 tables for diners, arrange the buffet line, reheat soups, label soups, etc.  Setup takes place from 3:30-5pm in the cafeteria.

Serve and cleanup volunteers (4-5 people): Salad, salad, salad (we toss and replenish), clear and reset seating where needed.  We also wipe down all surfaces and return the cafeteria to a student friendly place.  Service and cleanup takes place from 5:15 pm to 7 pm.

ALSO, if you could email us your recipe, that would be great!

Regards and thanks in advance!
Kyuri Doeden & Lamar Haggart

*** This e-list is self-subscribing. To remove your email, please go to http://mvhs.elists.mvla.net and follow the directions on the web page. ***