Message Archive for november-soup

additional volunteers needed for MVHS teacher soup and salad dinner

Sent: Thu Oct 15, 2015 • 4:15 PM PDT
From: Lamar Haggart
  • To: november-soup (at) MVHS ELISTS, mvhs-ptsa (at) MVHS ELISTS
  • Subject: additional volunteers needed for MVHS teacher soup and salad dinner
  • From: Lamar Haggart <lhaggart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 16:15:40 -0700
  • Cc: therese.webb (at) MVLA, Jennifer Lai <jensgarden@xxxxxxxxx>, Sara Jenez <sara.jenez@xxxxxxxxx>, Kyuri Doeden 🚴 <kkimd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=from:content-type:subject:date:message-id:cc:to:mime-version; bh=3u6vAYzgSUNzNdDg6DOBc8cc9tOIUrdIpUViqdNNdXg=; b=PXSyFIdpzP82iKp2X/591DuSMqhcOSFS7C9qKpl304JzNnoSLHmyTu7N97325/e660 8kx2ocladmrMT6HdfRPIQjWKyoreTVcUozwP1/NUehPHFei6VCPZipkIqLxryXGa7gZr YiET6QJOP9nR9HDMOIWEKjj1UmnC0brjVBNJbcEW4BnO8dYnr6iuxQYQqkfx6kNlwzBV 5jGx7sHUyUa44lVGedr0jJgqm2qjRkYApynBtNaV8WqsQKjSptleSnceHLDtv51hlL3+ YgyYEojaZR13uUtAkjhwagCGqgC1/mT5FJWyLAseIKiOerjIz61RV/+mxYkYsyJiEKNS ds9A==

additional volunteers needed for MVHS teacher soup and salad dinner
Parent/teacher conferences are coming up October 22nd & 23rd and every year the PTSA provides a soup and salad dinner for the teachers so they have one less thing to worry about during this very busy time for them. We ask parent volunteers to provide soup and dessert while the PTSA will supply paper products, salad, bread, and beverages.

If you have already signed up to provide soup or salad, or to help serve, set-up or clean-up, THANK YOU! Everyone else, we need you! We have lots of dessert, but need more soup, especially on Friday, Oct 23. Set-up, serving and clean-up help would be appreciated too.

The teachers really appreciate this event and look forward to it every year. Sometimes they even ask for the recipes! It's a time that you can really show how much you value their time. It's also one of the few events where you as a parent get to interact with the teachers.

Details for each day:
Drop off /set-up 3:30 to 5:00 pm
Serve and clean-up 5:15 to 7:00 pm

Location: MVHS Cafeteria

Soup volunteers (10-12 people each day):  Please provide generous servings for 10 in a crockpot with a ladle.  We typically serve two or three vegetarian options along with other mainstream soups.  Soups should be delivered to the cafeteria between 3:30 and 5:00 pm.  If you do not have access to a crockpot, please try to borrow one from a friend.  The soups will not stay warm without a crockpot, and we don't have any extras to lend.  Please return to the cafeteria by 6:30 pm to pickup your crockpot and utensils.

Dessert volunteers (5-6 people each day):  Please deliver 3-4 dozen items to the cafeteria between 3:30 and 5 pm.  Disposable serving trays are fine; if you want your serving piece back, please label it and return at 6:30 pm to pick it up.

Set-up volunteers (3 people): We need to set 10-12 tables for diners, arrange the buffet line, reheat soups, label soups, etc.  Setup takes place from 3:30-5pm in the cafeteria.

Serve and cleanup volunteers (4-5 people): Salad, salad, salad (we toss and replenish), clear and reset seating where needed.  We also rinse/wash crockpots and utensils, wipe down all surfaces and return the cafeteria to a student friendly place.  Service and cleanup takes place from 5:15 pm to 7 pm.

Note:  for those of you who elect to set up, serve or clean up there is plenty of flexibility for you to leave for any scheduled teacher conference.

Please sign up at this link http://tinyurl.com/q35go4r  Each day has a separate tab for soup/dessert and volunteer sign-ups. You are more than welcome to sign up for multiple tasks.

If you could email us your recipe, that would be great!

Regards and Thanks in advance!
Kyuri Doeden & Lamar Haggart