Message Archive for mvhs-times

Grissom's Gazette

Sent: Fri Feb 15, 2019 • 2:22 PM PST
From: Grissom, David
  • To: David Grissom <david.grissom (at) MVLA>
  • Subject: Grissom's Gazette
  • From: "Grissom, David" <david.grissom (at) MVLA>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 14:22:24 -0800
  • Bcc: mvhs-times (at) MVHS ELISTS
  • Sender: <mvhs-times (at) MVHS ELISTS>

Grissom's Gazette

 GG_hdr_v1.png

Friday, February 15, 2019

February 18-22

Winter Break, NO SCHOOL (homework-free week)

March 4 – 8

Civil Engagement Week

Monday, March 4

Board Meeting, DO Board Room, 7pm

Thursday, March 14

Spring Musical, Theatre, 8pm

Friday, March 15

End of 3rd Quarter

Spring Musical, Theatre, 8pm

Monday, March 18

Recess Day, NO SCHOOL

Tuesday, March 19

Teacher Service Day, NO SCHOOL

Monday, March 25

Schedule G ~ Iwata Rally

Board Meeting, DO Board Room, 7pm

Monday, April 1

Schedule G ~ Spring Rally

Friday, April 5

BOTC, Gym, 5pm

Monday, April 8

Board Meeting, DO Board Room, 7pm

Wednesday, April 10

Latino Awards, Theatre, 7pm

April 15 -19

Spring Break, NO SCHOOL

 Welcome to Mountain View High School for 2018-2019!

Grissom’s Gazette is a bi-weekly bulletin from Principal Dave Grissom that is sent to parents, students, and families who subscribe by e-list.  It is distributed to provide information about the school, and community activities that follow.  Subscribe to these e-lists by going to http://mvhs.elists.mvla.net/ .

Principal’s Message

Happy Friday!

This is a quick reminder that we will be off next week for Winter Break. This is a time to allow our students (and staff) the opportunity to re-charge our batteries before the stretch to April and testing.  It is my sincerest hope that everyone has the opportunity to relax and have some time off.

I would like to congratulate two teams on campus.  Our Wrestling team (which is in its second year of existence) won their first SCVAL El Camino Championship.  Hearty congratulations go out to the student athletes and their coaches.  Our Competitive Cheer Team has also won a championship at the recent JAMZ Championship.  Congratulations to both teams for this great accomplishment.

Have a wonderful winter break!

Dave

MVHS Logo.jpg

MVLA Superintendent Search

In November 2018, MVLA Superintendent Jeff Harding announced his plan to retire at the end of this school year. In December the MVLA Board of Trustees began seeking an executive search firm to assist with the recruitment of a top-notch superintendent. In early February, they selected Hazard, Young, Attea and Associates (HYA), a search firm that specializes in assisting boards with the identification and selection of superintendents.

A very important early step in the recruitment process is to identify the characteristics we will be seeking in our new superintendent. We are inviting students, parents, community partners and neighbors to a meeting with an HYA representative on Monday, February 25, from 6:30-7:30 p.m. in the MVLA District Office boardroom, 1299 Bryant Avenue, Mountain View.

Whether or not you are able to participate in this meeting, we hope that you will complete this online survey https://ecrasurvey.com/mvlahsdsupt. It will be available until February 27, 2019.

Thank you for your input!

MVLA Logo.png

MVLA Foundation

Your Opinion Counts!
Do your kids use the Tutorial Center? Do small class sizes make a difference for your freshman? How important are wellness and innovation?

We want to hear your opinions about the programs your contributions fund. Please take five minutes to answer our survey. You should have received an email with the survey. If you did not receive the email, please contact info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

The results will help with resource planning and decision-making for the 2019-20 school year, so please provide your thoughts to us by February 15.

Thanks for your support of the MVLA High School Foundation.

FUNDACIÓN DE MVLA
¡Su opinión cuenta!

¿Sus hijos usan el Centro de Tutores? ¿Los tamaños de clase pequeños hacen una diferencia para su estudiante de primer año? ¿Qué tan importante es el bienestar y la innovación?

Queremos escuchar sus opiniones sobre los programas que financian sus contribuciones. Por favor, tómese cinco minutos para responder nuestra encuesta. Deberías haber recibido un correo electrónico con la encuesta. Si no recibió el correo electrónico, póngase en contacto con info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Los resultados ayudarán con la planificación de recursos y la toma de decisiones para el año escolar 2019-20, así que por favor déjenos sus comentarios antes del 15 de febrero.

MVLAfoundation_logo.png

The MVLA Parent Education Speaker Series

Please join us for an evening with Kristin Neff

 Self-compassion:  A proven Way to Accept Yourself, Build Inner Strength, and Thrive
Thursday, March 7, 2019, 7 – 9 pm, LAHS Eagle Theater, 201 Almond Avenue, Los Altos

Research suggests that self-compassion is a healthier way of relating to oneself, offering the benefits of self-esteem without its downsides.  Kristin Neff helps us understand that self-compassion involves:

·  treating ourselves kindly, as we would a close friend we cared about, rather than making global evaluations of ourselves as “good” or “bad”.

·  generating kindness toward ourselves as imperfect humans, and learning to be present with the inevitable struggles of life with greater ease.

·  motivation to make needed changes in our lives not because we’re worthless or inadequate, but because we care about ourselves and want to lessen our suffering.

This talk will present theory and research on self-compassion, which a burgeoning empirical literature has shown to be powerfully associated with psychological wellbeing.  Kristin Neff will discuss how self-compassion is a crucial skill for all caregivers, allowing us to care for others without losing ourselves.

A simple self-compassion practice that can be used in daily life, will be taught.

Kristin Neff, PH.D. is an Associate Professor of Educational Psychology at the University of Texas at Austin. She is a pioneer in the field of self-compassion research, conducting the first studies on self-compassion fifteen years ago. She is author of "Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself." She has also co-developed an empirically supported eight-week training program with Dr. Chris Germer that is taught worldwide: Mindful Self-Compassion. The Mindful Self-Compassion Workbook is now available.

Register for this free event at  https://mvla2018-19-kristinneff.eventbrite.com

Spanish translation will be available.  Please indicate on Eventbrite when registering.

Books for sale at the event from partner, Books, Inc.

Sponsored by Los Altos Educational Foundation (LAEF), MVLA High School Foundation, Mountain View Educational Foundation (MVEF), and Los Altos-Mountain View PTA Council.

Parent Speaker Series logo.png

Mental Health Week: Evening Parent Panel

The MVHS Ambassadors and Spartans Pause will be presenting a student panel for parents on Wednesday, February 27 from 7 pm-8:30pm in Room 412.  Come and listen to the Bay Area teens and their experience with mental health.  See attached flyer for more information.

MVHS Logo.jpg

From the College and Career Center

Seniors, the Silicon Valley Realtors scholarship is due Wednesday, February 27 by 3:30 pm to Ms. Yazdani in the college and career center.

Seniors, are you thinking about attending San Francisco State University next school year? If so, sign up to attend the next steps for admitted students workshop on February 27th at 2:00pm. Check your SFSU portal to see your admissions decision!

Do you want to learn more about how financial aid works? Want to learn about scholarships offered at Foothill? Sign up to attend a presentation given by a Foothill College representative on Wednesday, February 27 at 12:15 pm in the CCC.

Dear Spartans, the Gap Year Fair will be held Tuesday, February 26 starting at 6 pm in the Spartans Theater. There will be 45 gap year programs present!

Seniors, the Mountain View-Los Altos Community Scholars application is due March 1. This one-time application will determine if you're eligible for FIVE different scholarship opportunities! Don't miss out on money for college!

Hey Spartans: are you looking for a job? There will be a job fair on March 13 starting at 2:35pm in the cafeteria. Employers from a variety of organizations will be seeking eligible applicants!

MVLAfoundation_logo_fundedby.png

MVHS-Physical Education Post

Happy 3rd Quarter! Physical Education is going to start letting our amazing community know what is going on in the Department Quarterly so that you are aware of all the amazing things your students are doing.

9th grade classes

These energetic 600+ students are actively getting ready for the State Physical Fitness Exam.  This is a standardized test and NOT AT ALL a factor in their grade or determines if they pass or fail our class.  However, it is a factor if they can opt out of physical education their 10-12th grade years for either a sport, dance, cheer, or marching band (in the fall).  The test will take place the week of March 11.  They also have just completed learning about and testing their own physical fitness in the five health-related fitness Areas.  We are currently co-teaching Yoga and in mid-March will be moving on to either Swimming, Golf or Track and Field pending on the teacher and schedule of facilities.

10-12th Grade Electives

The chance to have a CHOICE has been AMAZINGLY successful. It has shown that their interest in the class they chose raised the participation and success rate to over 85% proficiency.

Intermediate and Advanced weight training has had many bragable moments.  The students completed their one rep max (1RM) testing the week of 2/11 for the completion of Phase 1 in their spring semester program.  Over 90% of the students in both classes increased their 1RM in the Deadlift & Bench Press compared to the end of last semester and many students demonstrated increases of over 20 lbs. or more!  A couple of highlights are junior Jason Garabedian who increased his deadlift by 55 lbs. and senior Katrina Garcia who deadlifted a very impressive 195 lbs. which is just under double her bodyweight! Self Defense and tumbling will be included in the curriculum after winter break.

Team Sports has added to what we used to teach in our combined general 10-12 class so that it fulfills most of our students’ desires for activity.  Sports include: street hockey, ultimate Frisbee, flag football, soccer, indoor soccer and we will be beginning basketball and self-defense after the winter break.  During September and October, Mr. Garcia’s classes had the pleasure to have a Professional Ultimate Frisbee Team, the San Jose Spiders, come in to teach/demo.  New games, softball and volley tennis will take place in the Spring.

Total Fitness has been SO EXCITING to watch how much the students are grasping real life fitness opportunities, working on their OWN fitness goals and not being in a traditional “Physical Education” class and one that they are making their “own” fitness journey.  Community outreach, walks, interval training, CrossFit, apps like “Couch Potato to 5k”, and our first ever field trip to 49er Fitness so that both our classes could see the facility.

The 49er Staff put us through a custom 20-minute workout where all students who joined us were actively engaged in a workout.  We will be starting a swim unit after break and then CorePower Yoga, Sculpt training, and ongoing nutritional awareness.  Fourth quarter will be filled with fun springtime yard games and the students will then create their OWN original game to teach the class.  Self-defense and tumbling will also be included in March/April.

Thanks for sharing your students with us.  We love staying active with them and watching them improve their lifestyles.

MVHS Physical Education Department

MVHS Logo.jpg

Harvard International Essay Competition

The Harvard Undergraduate Economics Association (HUEA), in collaboration with the Harvard Economics Review (HER), is delighted to announce the annual International Essay Competition. It is open to students aged 15 to 18 or in high/senior school (Grades 9 to 12, or Years 10 to 13).

It is a fantastic opportunity to demonstrate an accomplished level of writing and to also establish a convincing and well-argued essay. Such essay writing skills are highly attractive on undergraduate applications to universities in the USA and UK.

Four questions have been posted on the HUEA website (posted on February 3, 2019). Each essay submission will have a $5 fee which must be paid upon submission of the essay. The deadline for submitting the essay will be 11:59pm EST April 30th, 2019. There will be $1,300 worth of prizes to be won, with further non-monetary awards available.

The essays will be judged by the boards of the HUEA and HER, with the top 15 submissions adjudicated by esteemed Harvard economics professor and 2016 Nobel Prize Winner Oliver Hart.

Further details are available at https://www.thehuea.org/international-essay-contest.

Harvard Economics.png

Science Olympiad

This past Saturday, February 9, 2019, Mountain View's Black (competitive) and Gold (team-in-training) Science Olympiad teams competed at the Golden Gate Invitational Tournament at UC Berkeley. Schools from across the nation came to compete, including state champions from Northern California, Washington, Florida, and Nevada, and 14 California state ranked schools for a total of 51 teams.

Although the competition was fierce, the Black Team dominated, medaling in 16 out of 23 events (four of which were gold medals). This fantastic performance secured the Black Team their 1st place trophy, by a substantial margin of over 80 points.

This was the Gold Team's first tournament of the year, and they demonstrated their aptitude and capabilities by placing in the top 10 in five events to secure an overall place of 13th out of the 51 teams competing!

Aside from the National Championship, this tournament ties with the MIT Invitational for most competitive Science Olympiad tournament, and is the most challenging tournament that the Black and Gold teams attend.

With this victory, both teams are excited to take on future competitions and work even harder to make this MVHS's strongest Science Olympiad season yet!

Medals by Place

1st Place

Forensics

Brandon Lee, Karina Chen

1st Place

Sounds of Music

Ben Delaney, Noelle Crawford

1st Place

Thermodynamics

Anton Zabreyko, Ash Aggarwal

1st Place

Water Quality

Cassie Lee, Coral Chen

2nd Place

Circuit Lab

Ash Aggarwal, Nitin Kumar

2nd Place

Disease Detectives

Cassie Lee, Coral Chen

2nd Place

Experimental Design

Ash Aggarwal, Cassie Lee, Coral Chen

2nd Place

Write It Do It

Cassie Lee, Nicole Xin

3rd Place

Dynamic Planet

Alex Tsang, Nitin Kumar

3rd Place

Fermi Questions

Nitin Kumar, Tejas Thvar

3rd Place

Fossils

Alex Tsang, Tony Xin

5th Place

Codebusters

Karina Chen, Tony Xin, Vincent Siu

5th Place

Designer Genes

Nicole Xin, Vincent Siu

6th Place

Mission Possible

Ash Aggarwal, Noelle Crawford

6th Place

Mousetrap Vehicle

Luke Lee, Noelle Crawford

6th Place

Wright Stuff

Alex Tsang, Ben Delaney

MVHS Logo.jpg

MVLA Speech & Debate

At the Stanford Invitation in Varsity Lincoln Douglas Varun Paranjpe was a triple - octa finalist.

In Varisty Public Forum, Erik Zhang and Gage Rodriguez were double - octa finalists.

At the CFL Superdebate in Lincoln Douglas Arjun Patrawala and Amelie Sen were undefeated.

Congratulations everyone! You can still join speech and debate -- join us 7PM every Wednesday at the Mountain View High School Library.

MVLA Logo.png

Free Prom Dresses from Princess Project

EVERY teen can sparkle at prom this year! The Princess Project has 5,000+ brand new, beautiful dresses for anyone who cannot afford one (yes, they are free!) in the Bay Area. This offer is open to anyone going to Junior or Senior prom - you just need your school ID!

This year they will be help at The Oaks in Cupertino on March 9, 10, 13, 16, 17 and 19.

Princess Project 2019 Prom Dress Give Away Days are now open for registration (https://booknow.appointment-plus.com/y9y6nj0y/)!

More info at
www.princessprojectsiliconvalley.org  or email getadressppsv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#princessprojectprom #sparkleon #makingdreamsreal

Princess Project.png

California Scholarship Federation

The California Scholarship Federation (CSF) seeks to recognize students living in the state of California who possess high standards in academic scholarship, community service, and citizenship. Members of CSF are eligible for a variety of tuition scholarships available at universities across the state and in select colleges nationwide.

CSF Fall Applications for 2018 are available for the semester that ended December 2018. The application window closes at 12:45 p.m., on February 22, 2019. Applications are online, and can be found in the following links:

SENIORS - CLASS OF 2019  ONLY SENIORS SHOULD CLICK ON THIS LINK

JUNIORS - CLASS OF 2020 ONLY JUNIORS SHOULD CLICK ON THIS LINK

SOPHOMORES - CLASS OF 2021 ONLY SOPHOMORES SHOULD CLICK ON THIS LINK

FRESHMEN - CLASS OF 2022 ONLY FRESHMEN SHOULD CLICK ON THIS LINK

New students at Mountain View High School cannot apply until their second semester at MVHS.

 You must be logged into your MVLA email account to complete the application. Requests to share the Google Form with a personal account will be ignored.

Parents, please encourage your child to fill out the application by themselves - if they need assistance, send them to room 612 to ask Mr. Campbell.

Please be sure to pay your $10 membership fee to the finance office before completing the online application. If you need financial assistance, please speak with Mr. Campbell personally.

How do I become a Gold Seal Bearer or a Life Time Member (Click Here)

If you have any questions regarding CSF at Mountain View High School, please contact Mr. Campbell david.campbell (at) MVLA

CSF.png

Join the Oracle

Interested in writing, photography, videography, graphic design, or web design? Join the Oracle! The Oracle is an independent, nonpartisan award-winning student newspaper that strives to serve the MVHS community with professional, well-rounded coverage while adhering to the highest journalistic and ethical standards. Our purpose is to critique, to entertain, to inform, and to provide a forum for discussion by giving students a clear and honest voice.

The Oracle is entirely student-run, making it an amazing opportunity for students to develop critical thinking and leadership abilities. Students build writing skills, participate in discussions, meet other journalists, and learn to use professional 20st-century technology. Visit our website at mvhsoracle.com/join for more information.

Recruitment Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5RfMCi2U_I

Information on our website: https://www.mvhsoracle.com/join/

Oracle.png

Summer Programs at Santa Clara University

The School of Engineering at Santa Clara University is pleased to present three programs in 2019 available to current high school sophomores and juniors interested in learning more about the field of engineering. Each program brings students to Santa Clara University’s campus to participate in various workshops or courses facilitated by our faculty. The goal of these programs is to provide students with a chance to explore the possibilities of engineering as a career with the hope of fostering a deeper interest in future engineering study.

 Our program offerings vary in format and eligibility criteria to suit students across all levels of engineering exposure and need. We invite interested students to explore and apply for the program that is the best fit for them. The Spring Engineering Education Days (SEEDs) and Summer Engineering Seminar (SES) programs are geared towards students who have not yet committed to future engineering study and who have had minimal exposure to engineering topics due to lack of access, whereas the Young Scholars Program is open to students with any level of interest in and exposure to engineering. Due to the high level of student interest and limited space, SEEDs and SES program acceptance has become highly competitive. Please see additional information about each program below.

Spring Engineering Education Days (SEEDs)

The 2019 SEEDs program provides Bay Area high school students with a unique opportunity to explore introductory engineering topics. Selected participants come to Santa Clara University over the course of three April Saturdays (April 6, 20, 27) from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. to participate in workshops spanning several engineering disciplines. Workshops are presented in a typical university format, with a mix of lecture and interactive experiences. There is no cost to participate in this program outside of transportation to and from the university, and lunch will be provided. The deadline for applications has been extended until midnight on February 10, 2019.

Summer Engineering Seminar (SES)

In its 30th year, the SES program is an outstanding, five-day experience in late July offering specially designed introductory workshops taught by our engineering faculty. Workshops are presented as a mix of lecture and interactive laboratory work, spanning several fields of engineering. The SES program also provides students with a taste of university life, as they stay in university residence halls for the duration of the program, eat meals on campus, and take part in afternoon recreational activities and evening projects. There is no cost to participate in this program outside of transportation to and from the university. Program applications and recommendations are due by March 15, 2019.

 Young Scholars Program

The Young Scholars Program provides local high school students the opportunity to enroll in college-level courses during the university’s first summer session (June 19-July 26) at a 75% tuition discount and receive college credits upon completion. Engineering offerings include: Intro to Engineering and Intro to Computer Science. Young Scholars may also choose to enroll in math, business, and humanities classes. Applications are due by April 10, 2019. Students are encouraged to apply early as space is limited.

Full program details and applications can be found at www.scu.edu/engineering/outreach. We have also enclosed copies of our Pre-College Engineering Programs postcard to share with interested students. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact us at UGEngineering@xxxxxxx or (408) 554-4728.

Santa_Clara_U_Seal.png

MVHS Sports Boosters

Come and join us for our Second Annual MVHS Sports Boosters Golf Tournament on April 6 at Shoreline Golf Links.  Cost is $150 per Adult and $100 for all students.  All proceeds go to support Spartans Athletics.  Sign up here or see attached flyer.

MVHS Sports Boosters Logo (1).jpg

MVHS Sports Camp

Our popular Winter Break Basketball Camp is fast approaching - it will take place February 18-22. Registration is now open at www.SpartansSportsCamp.com!

Winter Break Basketball Camp
Learn valuable skills, stay active, and have fun in this half-day basketball camp. Shooting, ball-handling, and defense will be among the skills covered in a high-energy, fast-paced environment. The camp takes place from February 18-22 from 9 am – 12 pm at Mountain View High School. Registration is open to girls and boys in grades 3 – 8. Fun games will be used to teach the skills to keep campers focused throughout the week.  In addition, we will be holding shooting contests and our Spartans Skills Challenge on the last day of camp. This is a great opportunity to stay active, have fun, and work on your game during the winter break.

We understand that the camp takes place during a school break when families take vacations so we offering a daily rate this year of $60. The weekly rate is $275. Fee includes a T-shirt, water bottle, and drawstring backpack.

Also -  Summer Camp 2019 registration is in full swing.
Register today at
www.SpartansSportsCamp.com!

Spartans Sports Camp.jpg

Mentor Tutor Connection Volunteer Information Session - February 28

Come learn about volunteering as a Mentor or Tutor in our local Mountain View and Los Altos schools!

Becoming a Mentor to a high school student or a Tutor to a student in grades K-8 will add joy to your life and help a student in our community to a brighter future! There is no obligation to sign up as a volunteer.  You're welcome to just come and learn more about what we do.

All volunteers must be high school graduates.

Thursday, February 28

Time:

5:30 - 6:30 pm

Location:

MVLA District Office - Board Room, 1299 Bryant Avenue, Mountain View, CA

Register:

REGISTER ONLINE

Questions:

programs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Information:

MentorTutorConnection.org

Mentor Tutor Connect Logo.jpg

MVHS First Annual STEM Fair

The MVHS Science National Honor Society is holding the first-ever, STEM Fair for high school students! Any student interests can sign up.

Click here for the application bit.ly/stemfairapplication. The fair will be held in the MVHS gym on April 6.

Students will submit their project under a specific category to 100019625 (at) MVLA and then present them to a panel of judges during the fair! There will be cash prizes awarded for the best projects.  Below are the categories for project submission and suggested project ideas:

·  Life Science (Biology, Ecology): Sample project ideas - Presenting the research you have done outside of school

·  Physical Science (Chemistry, Physics, Earth Science): Sample Project ideas - research about the fundamentals of a wide-known phenomenon like black holes and present what you have learned

·  Computer Science/Engineering: Sample project ideas -  demonstrate work done with open source code

 Students submit their projects NOW at bit.ly/stemfairapplication

MVHS Logo.jpg

Children’s Health Council (CHC)

CHC provides the following events and services, most of which have no charge:

·  Parent Education at CHC Palo Alto: 30 parent education sessions on Tuesday evenings from September through June at 6:30-8:00pm

·  Three Parent Support Groups at CHC Palo Alto: ADHD, Anxiety & Depression, Learning Differences

·  Professional Development for Educators: Select Thursdays at CHC Palo Alto, 4:30-6:00 pm

·  Wilson Reading training for Teachers: Hosted by Sand Hill School

·  EdRev Expo: Annual conference every spring at AT&T Park in San Francisco

·  CHC Resource Library: Online library of screencasts of our Community Education sessions, articles,  videos, and podcasts

·  Free 30-minute consultation for parents

Community Panel: Navigating Mental Health Services for Your Child

How do you navigate mental health services when your child is experiencing anxiety and/or depression?

Moderated by Dr. Ramsey Khasho, parents are invited to join this panel session that includes physicians and school specialists in the community.  Learn more about when to know it’s time to get help, where to start, the resources available and what to consider when looking for services.

To register, click here.

Thursday, March 7

Time:

6:30 p.m.-8 p.m.

Address:

Children’s Health Council

650 Clark Way

Palo Alto, CA

CHC.jpg

From the Tutorial Center

Academic Help for All Students

Encourage your student to use the Tutorial Center in the library. Students at every level benefit from individual and group help, offered 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. daily. Parent/community volunteers, college and peer tutors, and an instructional aide assist students by appointment or on a drop-in basis in all academic areas.

El Centro Tutorial está abierto de las 7:30 de la mañana hasta las 4:00 de la tarde en la biblioteca. Todos los estudiantes están bienvenidos a estudiar y recibir ayuda. Los tutores están disponible durante el día. Se cubren todos las temas académicos. Los horarios de tutores disponibles se anuncian en el Centro Tutorial, la oficina de Aconsejo, y en las clases.

Volunteer Tutor Schedules & Private Tutor Directory Available!

Students and parents may find volunteer tutors available for each subject, on our school website at http://www.mvla.net.

Simply navigate to the MVHS home page, and click on ‘Tutorial Center'.  The most current Volunteer Tutor Schedule is always posted in the Tutorial Center.  Since tutors and schedules are continually being modified, parents and students should contact the Tutorial Center for the latest information on volunteer tutors available. If you would like a free copy of the most current version of the Private Tutor directory, please contact Nancy Rafati at 940-4624 or nancy.rafati (at) MVLA.

Volunteer Tutors Needed

Volunteer Tutors are always needed, especially bilingual (Spanish, French, Mandarin & Japanese). Parents of Mountain View High students are especially appreciated and make good tutors—especially of other parents’ children! Hours are flexible. Training is provided on the job. We maintain a private tutor referral list on request. If your students have any requests or would like additional information about our volunteer program, please contact Nancy Rafati, Coordinator, at 940-4624, or email her at nancy.rafati (at) MVLA.

Sponsored by MVLA.png

MVHS ATHLETICS

Please check out the MVLA webpage
to find out more about all of our athletic events.

General information:  http://www.mvla.net/ MVHS/Department/27-Athletics

Specific sport information can be found on the left-hand side of this page.

GO SPARTANS!

Daily Bulletin is Online!

If you want to read the student news in the Daily Bulletin, click here.

Title: Science National Honor Society: Science Fair
Science National Honor Society: Science Fair
Are you interested in Science?
Do you plan on becoming a scientist as a career?
Are you looking for an opportunity to showcase your passion in Science?

If so, consider participating in a Science Fair hosted by Mountain View High School's Science National Honor Society.
Our tentative plan is to hold the event in April 2019. However, we need your feedback to help us further plan our event.

Next
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Mountain View Los Altos High School District. Report Abuse - Terms of Service