Message Archive for mvhs-ptsa

MVLA Parent Ed Speaker Series - Dan Siegel event 1/11/18

Sent: Thu Dec 7, 2017 • 7:04 PM PST
From: Suzy Heltzel

MVLA Parent Ed Speaker Series - Dan Siegel event 1/11/18
Hi MVHS parents,

We are very excited to have Dr. Daniel Siegel presenting to our community at the next MVLA Parent Education Speaker Series event in January.  Here is the info...

Cultivating Resilience from the Inside Out: Developing a Yes Brain in Children and Adolescents

Dr. Dan Siegel

Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 7:00 - 9:00pm

Los Altos High School Eagle Theater

201 Almond Avenue, Los Altos, CA

In this presentation Dr. Siegel will explore the nature of the changes in the developing brain and how they set the stage for childhood and adolescent mental, physical, and interpersonal well-being. A “Yes-Brain” refers to how we can support the receptive state of brain activation within our families and schools. Childhood and adolescence are essential parts of our development and our evolution—and how we approach these stages with the positive, growth-mindset of a Yes-Brain, can cultivate resilience and well-being in youth.

Audience: K-12 parents and educators

Admission: FREE

Registration: https://mvla2017-2018-dansiegel.eventbrite.com