Message Archive for mvhs-ptsa

Pumpkin Bread for MVHS Teachers and Staff Appreciation

Sent: Tue Dec 5, 2017 • 8:35 AM PST
From: Taylor House
  • To: mvhs-ptsa (at) MVHS ELISTS
  • Subject: Pumpkin Bread for MVHS Teachers and Staff Appreciation
  • From: Taylor House <taylorbhouse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 08:29:36 -0800
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=jQIRsGbpJVlzBFfE9bsiR5dkFL1GKKAlifJbGWMwoJk=; b=hnZtCFYBglbu3MgyO9uLvlTwrOawSHG8o2aD5EcNCy5SPnWjqWfDj/PE8Zbw+TiS96 PMJbv/x2DUvG95V/Cm117TSnLMjs1+uCKPsimNIVgv/2f84+5xu3AH2TXwwVM140F3UH 5s3+9lt0TF3w87g/zdjXJg6HQAw2G/d2947X4+eGPZ3+230SUvwNs/e1/uH/8ZZMofYJ 2y6PxXR21PN5dyHlz+Nxn2PwgH5tsDa7XRhXFE+Iujyebab1Ft3gw4CUEqghluMu5+bK dFdanjWmy1KHykO6hgy1Euoilw5dBx5BNbxzh9WeacGkzm6TeVGdNx6xGoc6QDMz+0ym ZuGA==
  • Sender: <mvhs-ptsa (at) MVHS ELISTS>

Pumpkin Bread for MVHS Teachers and Staff Appreciation
Greetings Bakers!

On behalf of Mountain View High School PTSA I am coordinating efforts for a very special annual December Staff Appreciation event. Mini pumpkin bread is baked by generous parent volunteers and delivered to all of our amazing teachers and staff.

I am hoping that you can help by baking 6-9 mini loaves of pumpkin bread. The mini loaf size is (6" L x 3" W x 2" D) and should be delivered in disposable pans wrapped in plastic wrap or with a clear lid. I have seen this size disposable pan sold at Safeway and Target. The recipe below is simple, easy, yummy and a MVHS tradition. Please bake from this recipe so all loaves are the same and no nuts.

Please deliver baked, plastic wrapped bread to my front porch (1155 Nilda Avenue, Mountain View) by the evening of Monday, December 11

Wrapping Party: I will be hosting a wrapping party at my house on Tuesday, December 12 at 3:00pm. Light refreshments will be served.

Delivery: Into teacher & staff mailboxes on Wednesday, December 13 at 8:00am

If you can help please let me know the following:

1.) how many mini loaves you are able to bake (dropped by evening on on Dec 11);
2.) if you can attend the wrapping party (Tue Dec 12, 3:00pm);
3.) if you can help deliver (Wed Dec 13, 8:00am)

The MVHS teachers and staff really, really appreciate this annual gift and look forward to receiving it every year. If you have any questions please email at taylorbhouse@xxxxxxxxx or call/text me at (650) 814-3171.

Thank you for helping to continue this annual event!

- Taylor House

------------------------------
---------------------------------
Easy Annual Pumpkin Bread Recipe
(created by Elizabeth Scwartz).
This makes 3 mini loaves. Please no nuts.

1 1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup shortening (vegetable oil is ok)
2 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/3 cup water
1 2/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, pumpkin and water. Blend in flour and spices. Pour into greased pans. Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow bread to cool before wrapping.
Taylor House
Professional Organizer, Project Manager
Kuzak's Closet: Professional Organization and Estate Services
Your Life. Organized.
cell: (650) 814-3171