Message Archive for mvhs-music-alumni

No Newer Messages   [Next Older Message]   next older message

Last update of 2016-17 from IMPA and Instrumental Music

Sent: Thu Jun 1, 2017 • 10:46 AM PDT
From: Ann H.

Last update of 2016-17 from IMPA and Instrumental Music
As we wrap up the school year, I want to again thank all our volunteers and our contributors for your support of MVHS Instrumental Music!

Thank you!
Many thanks to everyone who has reported their volunteer hours for corporate matching gifts!  (Check if your employer has a program!)  This adds up quickly:  we recently got a check from the Intel Foundation for $1760, representing 176 volunteer hours given to IMPA in 2016.  Apple, Google, and others also give money matching their employees' volunteer hours.

June 2
Remember that all orchestra and concert band students will play in the graduation ceremonies on June 2nd!
Students have rehearsal today Jun 1 2:20 - 2:45.  Our Music Directors have already communicated to the students about what's involved.

June 3 "Sleep Concert" and Mattress Sale!
In support of the mattress sale fundraiser, our fabulous student musicians will perform "Sleep Music" throughout the day with "sleep-themed" music!  The performances are free, so stop by to hear the musicians and check out the fundraiser.  The schedule is not yet final, but we expect:
10:30 - 10:45, Flute Choir
11:00 - 11:15, keyboard performance
1:00 - 1:30, MVHS Wind Ensemble
2:00 - 2:15, quartet
2:15 - 2:30, duet
2:30 - 3:00, MVHS 501 Jazz Band
3:00 - 3:30, 5th Edition jazz combo

And--be sure to bring friends, family, and neighbors to the mattress sale!  For one day only, the high school gym will be set up as a factory-direct mattress store with professional salespeople and samples to try, including major manufacturers like Simmons and all types (firm, pillow-top, orthopedic, latex and gel memory foam sets). Each mattress purchase raises money to help run the music program and fund upcoming trips to perform at music festivals. Since this is factory-direct, you get a great deal.  Be sure to have your friends mention your student's name so that your student gets a referral credit into their CHARMS account!
More info online at: goo.gl/keT2Vj

FYI you can still put up yard signs!!  Families may put up yard signs on their own property.  (The City of Mountain View doesn't allow the fundraiser signs on street corners/public property, so be good!)  Stop by Packard to pick some up.

Contributions to IMPA and to the Music Program (Charms)
I've gotten several emails with questions about contributions - thanks to everyone who's thinking about it!

IMPA:  you can still make tax-deductible donations (which may be eligible for corporate matching gifts) to fund the nonprofit IMPA.  We fund "Staff not Stuff" paying for clinicians and instructors who work with percussion, color guard, marching band, jazz bands, concert bands, and orchestras.  We run fundraiser events to benefit the music program (e.g. Spaghetti and Strings, Jazz Festival) and give our students additional performance opportunities.  And we support the music program for additional needs as they arise.
You may still make a gift for 2016-17:  see http://www.mvhs-impa-direct-appeal.org/   You may donate with PayPal or a credit card, or mail a check.

Instrumental Music ProgramJason recently sent out an email asking each of us to check the Charms account for any balance.  Your contributions help fund operating expenses of the instrumental music program ("Stuff not Staff").
Your Fair Share contribution funds expenses of the entire program, such as music stands, sound system, instrument repairs, instrument cases, purchase of music, etc.  This is not tax-deductible as it directly benefits your child.  All students in the music program are asked to make a Fair Share contribution.
If your child is in programs such as Marching Band, Winter Percussion, or Winter Guard, you're asked to make an additional contribution to fund expenses associated with those programs.  These expenses include transportation, food, marching shoes, Band Camp, competition entry fees, etc.
These requested contributions show up on your student's Charms account (the amount and any payment).
Important note:  All interested students may participate in the Instrumental Music program and any of its ensembles, regardless of their family's ability to contribute financially.  However, the program relies on generous financial support of the families, and the financial contributions received from most of our families.

No IMPA Meeting June 6

New Website "coming soon!"
Lisa Twardowski and Svetla Zlateva have been working hard to develop a new website for MVHS Instrumental Music and the IMPA.  It will be ready to launch soon--please check in a couple of weeks for the new site, and all the great info at your fingertips!    www.mvspartanmusic.org

Shop & Support
Please remember to use https://smile.amazon.com/ link whenever you shop on Amazon (not the regular website or the mobile app), and designate Mountain View High School Band Parents Association!

thanks for your support for the instrumental music program!

Ann Hepenstal
IMPA President

No Newer Messages