Message Archive for london-2019

[LNYDP] Day 4 Recap *** Happy 2019! ***

Sent: Mon Dec 31, 2018 • 4:00 PM PST
From: Kneebone, Jason
  • To: Jason Kneebone <jason.kneebone (at) MVLA>, Anna Linde <anna.linde (at) MVLA>
  • Subject: [LNYDP] Day 4 Recap *** Happy 2019! ***
  • From: "Kneebone, Jason" <jason.kneebone (at) MVLA>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2019 00:00:01 +0000
  • Cc: london-2019 (at) MVHS ELISTS
  • Sender: <london-2019 (at) MVHS ELISTS>

[LNYDP] Day 4 Recap *** Happy 2019! ***
Greetings... From the FUTURE!

Today was another awe-inspiring day in the United Kingdom! We started our adventure with a boat cruise on the Thames ('Tems') River. On our way to Greenwich ('Grennich'), we learned nautical ('notticle') facts from all three of our Blue Badge Tour Guides.

After hiking up to the observatory (photo below) where we literally stood on both East and West hemispheres at once, we dazzled passers-by with a few equipment-less runthroughs of our Finale Performance which will cap off tomorrow's parade.

Speaking of the Parade, you can stream it LIVE with THIS LINK (should start at the crack of 4am)

We returned to town across the Tower Bridge and got dropped off outside the Tower of London. We had an awesome 2.5-hour tour of the grounds. Highlights included:
  • The Crown Jewels! The Royal garb which includes a few bajillion-karat diamonds¬†ūüėģ
  • The creepy Torture Chamber, which gave us some fresh new ideas for #MVMB2019
  • The 204-step White Tower which houses collections of armor and weaponry from several generations
  • Oh, and RAW-MEAT-EATING RAVENS that guard the tower grounds
We've just joined forces with the Downers Grove North High School Band from Illinois to ring in the New Year and it's time for bed!

Enjoy the Parade tomorrow! The Greatest Show on Earth!
-J&A

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 11.29.05 PM.png

"Burn the land and boil the sea, You can't take the sky from me." ~Serenity

Stay connected with the Instrumental Music Department on Twitter and Facebook!