Message Archive for el-cafecito

FW: We're proud to be a part of Univision's Education Week

Sent: Mon Oct 6, 2014 • 11:34 AM PDT
From: Mercado, Carmen
FW: We're proud to be a part of Univision's Education Week

I'm First logo

Dear Parents;

It's Univision's Education Week and we're excited to be a part of it! Univision is the premier television network aimed at Hispanic and Latino Americans in the United States.

Make sure to tune into Univision during the following times:

  • Community Forum - I'm First! student blogger Alex Montes is participating in this "town hall" event, which last year was seen by over 700,000 people. A one-hour special will air coast to coast on the Univision Network on Saturday, October 11 at 5pm ET. A live web broadcast in English will air on Tuesday, October 7 from 2-3pm ET at

  • 3rd Annual Univision Virtual College Fair - On Thursday, October 9 from 12-10pm ET, Univision is teaming up with CollegeWeekLive for a virtual college fair designed for first-generation students and their families. This free event is your opportunity to meet admissions representatives from over 120 schools, video chat with current students and watch live presentations from experts like I’m First!, AVID, ACT, and more! Our very own Chelsea Jones, Associate Director of Student Programs, is speaking at 3pm ET.

  • Hoy - Also on Thursday, October 9 from 11am-2pm ET, watch the Hoy program and keep your eyes out for a segment featuring I'm First! student blogger Brenda Angulo and our College Partner Relations Associate Brenda Cordero, also a first-gen college graduate.

Take me to

For support email us (help@xxxxxxxxxxx) or tweet us (@imfirstgen)

Copyright © 2014 Center for Student Opportunity, All rights reserved.

Forward this message to a friend

Click to view this email in a browser

Center for Student Opportunity
4641 Montgomery Avenue
Suite 513
Bethesda, Maryland 20814

Non-Profits Email Free with VerticalResponse!