Message Archive for district-news

next newer message   [[Next Newer Message]   No Older Messages

PRESS RELEASE: Los Altos High School Named a 2013 California Business for Education Excellence Honor Roll School - 2.27.14

Sent: Fri Feb 28, 2014 • 11:01 AM PST
From: Isnard, Carole

PRESS RELEASE: Los Altos High School Named a 2013 California Business for Education Excellence Honor Roll School - 2.27.14

Mountain View Los Altos School.png

Contact: Dr. Barry Groves, Mountain View Los Altos High School District
(650)940-4669 Barry.Groves (at) MVLA

Contact: Rebecca Classic, CBEE

(916)498-8980

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

February 27, 2014

Los Altos High School Named a 2013 California Business for Education Excellence Honor Roll School

Business Community Recognizes Outstanding Public Schools and Districts throughout California for Closing Achievement Gaps, Increasing College Readiness

Encourages All Schools to Learn from Higher Performers

Quad logo

MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA – After an extensive analysis of student achievement data for every public school in California, Los Altos High School (LAHS) has been named to the 2013 California Business for Education Excellence (CBEE) Honor Roll, joining the list of high performing schools that are increasing academic performance and closing the achievement gap.

The 2013 Honor Roll includes public elementary, middle and high schools recognized for demonstrating consistently high levels of student academic achievement, improvement in achievement over time, and reduction in achievement gaps. For high schools, Honor Roll recognition includes measures of college readiness.

“Having high standards, effective school leadership, and staying focused on student academic achievement has paid off for these Honor Roll Schools,” said Lee Blitch, CBEE Chairman and past CEO, San Francisco Chamber of Commerce. “These schools are an inspiration.”

Over time, CBEE has identified a common set of success factors in higher performing Honor Roll schools and districts. These include high expectations for all students; ongoing collaboration among teachers to improve practice; targeted use of data to pinpoint challenges and monitor progress; continual intervention for struggling students; and mastery of content knowledge and pedagogical practices.

Wynne Satterwhite, LAHS Principal stated “Our teachers, staff, students and diverse community work together every day to ensure that our students achieve at the highest level possible. We are proud of their accomplishments in a rigorous academic program, as well as in the arts, athletics and community service. We appreciate the recognition from the California Business for Education Excellence that they have earned through this hard work and dedication to continuous improvement.”

For more information, check www.cbee.org.

####