Message Archive for dec-pumpkin

HELP! Need More Bread - MVHS December Staff Appreciation - Pumpkin Bread Baking

Sent: Wed Dec 7, 2011 • 10:26 PM PST
From: Taylor House

HELP! Need More Bread - MVHS December Staff Appreciation - Pumpkin Bread Baking
Can you help?

We are short on bakers. If you didn't respond to this earlier email and are able to bake some loaves we need you!

Thanks!

- Taylor

Greetings Mountain View High School bakers!

Thank you for volunteering to help bake pumpkin bread for our deserving teachers and staff! My name is Taylor House and I am spearheading this years effort to bring some cheer and thanks. We have A LOT of teachers and staff and I need your help to make it happen.

I am hoping that you are willing to make 6-9 mini loaves of pumpkin bread - even more if you are a super baker - baked in disposable foil pans (6" L X 3" W X 2" D).  I have a stack of disposable pans if you need them. I ask that you use the recipe provided below for pumpkin bread consistancy. It is very simple, easy and a tried-and-true recipe.

Once you have baked the bread, please wrap it in foil and deliver it to my house (775 Leona Lane, MV) no later than Monday, December 12.  There will be a box on my porch for you to leave the bread. I will add some seasonal touches as decoration before they are delivered to mailboxes on Wednesday, December 14.

It is a busy time for everyone and more hands make the work go faster. Please let me know how many loaves you are able to bake.  The MVHS staff really, really enjoys this token of appreciation.

Thank you for your help,

Taylor House

(650) 814-3171

lt2j@xxxxxxxxxxx

BREAD NEEDED: No later than Monday, December 12

HOW SHOULD IT BE WRAPPED: Baked in a mini loaf pan (6" L X 3" W X 2" D) and wrapped in aluminum foil

DELIVERED TO: 775 Leona Lane, Mountain View

MVHS Pumpkin Bread Recipe (provided by Elizabeth Schwartz) - This makes 3 mini loaves - Please DO NOT ADD NUTS

1 1/4 cup sugar

1/3 cup shortening

2 eggs

1 2/3 cup flour

3/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

1 cup canned pumpkin

1/4 teaspoon baking powder

1/3 cup water

1 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, pumpkin and water. Blend in flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices. Pour into greased pans. Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.