Message Archive for community-service

Via West Fall/Winter/Spring Respite Season!

Sent: Thu Aug 25, 2016 • 11:34 AM PDT
From: Darby, Jared
  • To: Council of Presidents <club-cops (at) MVHS ELISTS>, Community Service Elist <community-service (at) MVHS ELISTS>
  • Subject: Via West Fall/Winter/Spring Respite Season!
  • From: "Darby, Jared" <jared.darby (at) MVLA>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 11:34:14 -0700
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=mvla-net.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=gpqdoOjKV/MalNeeMakKzgBcCXy1/vYa/L3rlV7+DiU=; b=mR7ktAdY7b+l5HjEE7MYTz1eI+puAJDU/NhOPBigBb4lrhuIPH0ClcA40mBjkGxVQP sEWSZY6vkBzJEj85zQw6ugiQyuWVnsO33aHLJ9iGL5qIHYwX/DtNbCB/D2AKeCEmjrAC InF5HPZnovRJ0tXX/UIXcdCe0e2K4FDXB2dZEXvZZTZMk5hDIUVjrNPfcu/ziB3jpwTO 8okz/ksxcFMg94aWEholitIWXXvPE1V9stQZcXMGnn0/IR5ZrQjOXVdXLSAOiyd72tHB cNo4p4mwNCzME9QT8xfA6/V8kMgC65fPSLTk/jHQ7NbJDXbSfMUT4fRrcAvkvXw8JImU Ljvg==

Via West Fall/Winter/Spring Respite Season!
Good Afternoon,

I wanted to reach out to you all about coming to help Via West build a playground on campus. We’ll be having an ADA-compliant playground built on the main lawn on August 31st! This will be a fun amazing event.

Your help is needed to prepare for this exciting day! We’re asking for volunteers to join us to make this dream a reality for the youth and adults we serve. If you can volunteer on Monday, August 29, Tuesday August 30 or Wednesday, August 31, from 7:45 A – 3:30 PM, please let me know ! Let me know if you would like to volunteer to be a Team leader, DJ or Photographer for this event as well!

I’ve also attached a waiver that you’ll need to sign and bring with you on Build Day (or you can pick up a blank that morning and complete it).

We hope you can join us for this exciting project! Thanks in advance!

Thanks a lot!

Greetings from Via West,

Our summer program ends on 8/21 and our first fall respite weekend is about a month away. We are looking for more staff and volunteers at our campus, so can you please spread this information to your students/classes. The schedule until the end of December is as follows:

September 16-18- Finding Dory(Kids)

September 23-25- Wet and Wild Water (Adults): The last swim of the season!!

October 14-16- Monsters Inc (Kids): Field trip to the pumpkin patch

October 21-23- Ghostbusters, Goblins and Gremlins (Adults)

November 11-13- All American Thanksgiving (Adults)

December 2-4- Elf on a Shelf (Kids): Operation Snowflake session complete with snow on campus!!

December 9-11- It’s a Candyland Christmas for (Adults) Operation Snowflake session complete with snow on campus!!

I’ve attached the brochure for the respites after December. Respite sessions start at 4 pm Friday – Sunday 3:30 pm. Pay is $240 for employees and we give service hours to volunteers. If you know anyone interested in joining the team, please refer them to this link: https://viaservices.wufoo.com/forms/z133xmib1kw1a8p/ . Groups don’t have to fill out the link, they can just email me an interested date and I can set them up.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks a lot!

Irshad Fardan

Associate Director, Via West

Main Office:  2851 Park Ave, Santa Clara, CA 95050

P: 408-243-7861 Ext. 216

Via West Campus:  13850 Stevens Canyon Rd, Cupertino, CA 95014

P: 408-867-1115

www.viaservices.org

Dedicated to helping individuals with disabilities and special needs since 1945.