Message Archive for club-speech-debate

Speech & Debate resumes; lots of important info!

Sent: Tue Aug 29, 2017 • 9:13 AM PDT
From: weatherby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Speech & Debate resumes; lots of important info!

Dear Speech & Debate Fans,

-          Meetings are Wednesday 7-9PM

-          Demo Day, September 9th

-          Parent Night for MVLA Students, Sept 13 (new parents @7PM, returning parents @8PM)

-          New Website & Register on our Roster

-          Volunteers!

-          Photographs from Showcase

Meetings are Wednesday, 7-9PM: The new season is starting up! Returning students meet this week and new students come next week. Put it on your calendar! All meetings are 7‐9PM on Wednesdays in the Mountain View High School Library.

We have over a dozen different events so there is one that’s right for you ‐‐ debate, explicate, dramatize, and employ humor. Join us Wednesdays from 7‐9PM at the MVHS Library!

Free Demo Day for Students and Parents, September 9th: Demo Day is the chance for students to see demonstrations of many forms of Speech & Debate and for parents to learn to judge.  If you are most interested in Speech events, come from 8:30AM to noon. If you are most interested in Debate, come from 1-4PM.  Or come to both!  Register at this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1STqjQGnn5IE6vDmWY1WjUk7Wn94V4wgs7DBAGJckAfM/edit#heading=h.kwn6g1nj1d3

Parent Night for MVLA Students, Sept 13 (new parents @ 7PM, returning parents @ 8PM): Come for a brief orientation to our team at 7PM and a general update at all parents at 8.  I look forward to meeting you all at Mountain View’s cafeteria.

New Website & Register on our Roster: Thanks to Assistant Coach Teri Young and her programmer husband, Doug Young, we have a wonderful new website with great information and that is helping the club automate.  Check it out: https://www.mvlasd.club/

Students considering participating, should go to this website and join our roster.  Click on where it says Login/Register in the upper right and choose ‘Register’.  Fill out this basic information and you & your parents will be sent appropriate information to register and complete all forms on-line.

Volunteers!  We need lots of volunteers to make this team run.  Once parents have been invited to register, please fill out the volunteer form to let us know what you can do to help.

Photographs from Showcase: Team parent, Parent Dembner, has posted photographs from our Showcase event in May.  All photographs are fully downloadable. If you know anyone who graduated and would like to see these photos, pass along the link.  Enjoy!

http://perrydembner.zenfolio.com/mvlaspeechdebateshowcasemay2017

Hope to see you all soon!

Coach Julie Herman

Note: If you would like to be removed from this newsletter, go to the eList link for the appropriate high school (if you go to neither school, your subscription will likely be under Los Altos) and follow the instructions to view and change your subscription.

Mountain View High School eList: http://mvhs.elists.mvla.net/

Los Altos High School eList: http://lahs.elists.mvla.net/