Message Archive for club-speech-debate

Speech & Debate is in full swing!

Sent: Mon Aug 29, 2016 • 9:05 PM PDT
From: weatherby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Speech & Debate is in full swing!

From Julie Herman, Head of Speech & Debate Programs:

Dear Speech & Debate Community,

Thanks to all the students who joined us last Wednesday for our first official Speech & Debate Meeting.  It is not too late to join!  Covered below:

-      Meeting times & location

-      Register & Get in Your Paperwork!

-      Demo Day and Judge Training

-      Parent Meeting

Meeting Times & Locations: We meet every Wednesday night from 7-9PM in the library at Mountain View High School.  You can join at any time, but in our early meetings, we have many opportunities to ‘shop’ and try new events so join as soon as you can! On 8/31, we will meet in the cafeteria at Mountain View High.

Register and get in your Paperwork: If you are even just trying out Speech & Debate, please ‘register’ yourself (students please!) at the link below.  That way we can ensure that we know how to reach you:

https://sites.google.com/site/mvlaspeechanddebate/for-students/register-with-the-team

Parents & Students: please work together to get your paperwork in as soon as possible. There is no obligation, but it clears you to participate in meetings and to attend tournaments.  https://sites.google.com/site/mvlaspeechanddebate/for-students/required-paperwork

New Parents & Students: Demo Day & Judge Training:  Put Saturday, 9/10, 8AM-4PM on your calendar.  We will be hosting a district-wide Demo Day and Judge Training.  New Parents, you will need to judge and this is where you learn.  New Students, this is where you can learn about the different events.  The day will be divided into Speech & Debate events so you will not have attend the entire day.  Detailed info can be found here:

https://docs.google.com

Team Parent’s Night: On September 14th at our normal Wednesday meeting, we will have a separate meeting for parents to cover information about the team, judging, competition calendar, policies, and time to answer lots of questions.

Hope to see you soon.

Coach Julie Herman

Note: If you would like to be removed from this newsletter, go to the eList link for the appropriate high school (if you go to neither school, your subscription will likely be under Los Altos) and follow the instructions to view and change your subscription. If you receive a duplicate newsletter this week, it may be because we are making sure that all new folks are receiving the letter even if not on the eList.  Please give us a couple of weeks to work out the kinks!

Mountain View High School eList: http://mvhs.elists.mvla.net/

Los Altos High School eList: http://lahs.elists.mvla.net/