Message Archive for class-2022

STEM Fair Competition - November 2019

Sent: Tue Jun 11, 2019 • 2:48 PM PDT
From: Blair, William

STEM Fair Competition - November 2019
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The MVHS Science National Honor Society is holding the second annual STEM Fair competition for ALL Bay Area middle and high school students! We have added a new division for middle school students! It will be held on November 22 in the evening at the school's large gym. Date and time are subject to change. The fair will be open to the public and will have a competition as well as informational booths from our very own MVHS STEM clubs and more! Students are encouraged to start thinking about/creating their projects for this event now. Projects can be made in the classroom, in school clubs, etc. and these projects could have been started at most one year ago from the STEM Fair date. The Google form to let us know what your project is will be opened after the summer. Students will present their projects to a panel of judges during the fair! There will be cash prizes awarded for the best projects. Below are the categories for project submission and suggested project ideas:
  • Life Science (Biology, Ecology):
    • Sample project ideas - Presenting the research and investigation you have done outside of school
  • Physical Science (Chemistry, Physics, Earth Science):
    • Sample Project ideas - research and investigate about the fundamentals of a wide-known phenomenon like black holes and present what you have learned
  • Computer Science/Engineering:
    • Sample project ideas -  demonstrate work done with open source code
  • Other - STEM related but not quite any of the above categories, like entrepreneurial products involving technology, etc.
Please check out our event flyer attached to this email and please keep checking our website https://mvhs-snhs.weebly.com/2019-2020-stem-fair.html for updates. If you have any questions, please contact snhs.mountainview@xxxxxxxxxWe would really appreciate it if you could please share this great opportunity with your friends! Thank you and we hope to see you at the fair!