Message Archive for class-2019

Parent Volunteers Needed for MVHS End of Year Activities

Sent: Thu May 16, 2019 • 11:35 AM PDT
From: Marilyn S. Stanley

Parent Volunteers Needed for MVHS End of Year Activities
Hey parents,

As we get closer to the end of the school year, we have a LOT of volunteer needs for different activities.

We need parent leads for Senior Awards Night on May 29 and Senior Reception on June 7.  Please let me know if you are interested.

Senior Awards Night is helping set up refreshments for the Senior Awards Ceremony in the evening.  One or two parents are needed, and can be seniors parents.   This is a special night for many seniors, and is a very easy time commitment.

For Senior Reception, we need one lead parent (or two co-leads) to help set up refreshments for the reception after graduation.  Set up in near the Theater.  Set up is around 4:30 p.m. and you are done by 8 p.m. when the kids get on the buses for Senior Grad Night.  This is ideal for a freshman, sophomore or junior parent (a bit harder for a senior parent).  This is also an easy time commitment, and we have simplified things by having the PTSA provide sweet treats and beverages (no more baking for graduation!).

We need help with Textbook Turn-In the last week of school as well.  All parents are welcome to help.

We really, REALLY need parent volunteer help. One way that MVHS is special is because of the parent volunteer community.  We need you…we need your help!

To Sign Up to help (scroll to the tabs at the bottom for Senior Reception and End of Year) :  https://docs.google.com

And for those that would like to help with Senior Grad Night, we need chaperones.  ALL grade level parents are welcome to chaperone.  Senior Grad Night sign up is here:  https://docs.google.com

Please let me or Kelly Waggoner (bkwags@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)  know if you have any questions.

Many thanks!

Marilyn

p.s.  College kids home for the summer are welcome to help too!  It’s fun for some of them to come back to campus and help out.