Message Archive for class-2019

Frank Bruni registration starts on 2/25

Sent: Mon Feb 22, 2016 • 8:25 PM PST
From: Sara Jenez

Frank Bruni registration starts on 2/25
Dear MVLA Parent Education Community:

SAVE THE DATE:  Frank Bruni will be speaking on Thursday, March 24th, at 7pm at Mountain View High School, Spartan Theater.

     Eventbrite link will be released this Thursday, February 25th

On behalf of the MVLA Parent Education Speaker Series, we are
​thrilled ​
​t​
o have New York Times columnist and award winning author Frank Bruni speak to our parent community.  Frank has been an Op-Ed columnist for
The New York Times since June 2011. In his columns, which appear every Sunday and Wednesday, he reflects on diverse topics including American politics, higher education, among others.  He is the author of three New York Times best sellers, the most recent of which, Where You Go Is Not Who You'll Be: An Antidote to the College Admissions Mania, was published in March 2015 to widespread acclaim. The paperback edition will be released in March 2016.

Due to
​the ​
anticipated popularity of this event, attendance will be limited to parents/guardians of students in our partner schools only (MVLA High Schools, LASD and MVW Schools).
​In addition, we are asking that you reserve only
two tickets per family
Target audience: parents of 8th-12th graders.

School principals, PTA and other school leaders: Upon receipt of the Eventbrite link on 2/25, please send out the link
​as soon as possible ​
on 2/25
​your ​
parent communities
​so they receive ​
sufficient notice to register
​ before the event sells out​
.

Thank you,
Parent Education Speaker Series Committee