Message Archive for ccc

No Newer Messages   [Next Older Message]   next older message

Important info. on College Applications and Financial Aid!

Sent: Fri Sep 28, 2018 • 12:12 PM PDT
From: Yazdani, Jessica
  • To: ccc (at) MVHS ELISTS
  • Subject: Important info. on College Applications and Financial Aid!
  • From: "Yazdani, Jessica" <jessica.yazdani (at) MVLA>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 12:12:42 -0700
  • Sender: <ccc (at) MVHS ELISTS>

Important info. on College Applications and Financial Aid!

Seniors,

As many of you may know, the CSU application for the 2019/2020 school year will be available to complete and submit from October 1st- November 30th! The UC application has been open for you to begin working on, but you won't be able to submit your application until November 1st through November 30th! If you need help with the UC Personal Insight Questions, I've attached some notes I took after hearing from our UCLA Admissions Counselor. Feel free to review this and the other attached documents for helpful tips! You can also stop by the CCC for help.

You may also begin working on and submitting your Common or Coalition application! I've attached some helpful tips for the Common Application essay prompts.

In addition the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)Dream Act, and CSS (College Scholarship Service) Profile application become available starting Monday, October 1st. You should apply for the 2019/2020 application, not the 18/19 one. I will be sending out an email in regards to GPA submission for Cal Grant purposes on Monday, 10/01/18. It is very important that the name we have on our school records matches the name on your college application, financial aid applications, and College Board or ACT account. If your name is not the same, your accounts will not be matched up and will delay the process!

As a reminder our first Financial Aid night will be held on October 9th starting at 6:00pm in our Spartans Theater. On October 16th in room 514 from 4:00-7:30pm, we will host a Cash for College workshop where financial aid experts will be available to help you complete and submit either the FAFSA or Dream Act application.

November 14th will be our second Financial Aid Night, which will also cover the CSS Profile.

Lastly, if you want a fun place to work on your college applications or need assistance, please stop by the college and career center! You can stop by whenever you're free or attend one of our college application workshops. I've attached a flyer with the dates and times!

Best Regards

Jessica Yazdani

No Newer Messages