Message Archive for carbonfreecommute

No Newer Messages   [Next Older Message]   next older message

Bike to Work Day -- thanks, stats, photos

Sent: Thu May 9, 2019 • 9:17 PM PDT
From: MVHS Carbon-Free Commute

Bike to Work Day -- thanks, stats, photos
We had a great Bike to Work Day / Carbon-Free Commute Day today!

We gave out treats, snacks, drinks, a few blinky lights, a bunch of reflective stickers, a bike bell and a high-visibility ankle strap.

Many thanks to our parent volunteers and to everyone who carbon-free commuted, including our Superintendent Dr. Jeff Harding! A couple photos are on the MVLA twitter account -- https://twitter.com/mvlahsd.

We had 385 bikes, 2 scooters, at least 2 skateboarders, hundreds of bus riders and an unknown number of walkers. Unfortunately we didn't get enough volunteers to greet the bus riders too, but we hope to be able to next year.

This concludes the Carbon-Free Commute events for the 2018-2019 school year. Have a great summer, everyone!

No Newer Messages