Message Archive for carbonfreecommute

Spring 2019 Carbon-Free Commute Events

Sent: Fri Apr 12, 2019 • 10:26 AM PDT
From: MVHS Carbon-Free Commute

Spring 2019 Carbon-Free Commute Events
Hi everyone,

Happy spring!  We'll have just two Carbon-Free Commute events before the end of this school year:

1. Earth Week

Our wonderful Environmental Club is planning a full week of different activities during Earth Week April 22-26, with a different theme for each day. Thursday April 25 will have a transportation theme, with the bike blender and other fun stuff near the Back Parking Lot at lunchtime. Carbon-Free Commute will have a table with info, maps, extra blinky lights, etc. If you'd like to help out, just come by at lunchtime on the 25th.

2. Bike to Work Day / Carbon-Free Commute Day

Thursday May 9 is the Bay Area's official Bike to Work Day and we will be celebrating at MVHS with snacks, drinks and other goodies as staff and students arrive in the morning. This will be our one and only Carbon-Free Commute Day for this school year so we REALLY need volunteers! All carbon-free commuters are welcome (including bus, walk etc.). Since Thursday is staff meeting day, we will have two shifts:

7:00 - 7:30 am at the Back Parking Lot bike racks (for staff)
7:40 - 8:10 am at the Back Parking Lot bike racks and hopefully other locations (for students)

We only need a few volunteers for the staff shift, but we need more for the student shift in order to have people at the Packard bike racks and the bus stop as well. Please let me know if you can help out on Thursday May 9. Thank you very very much!

-Jessica