Message Archive for aux-unit

[MVHS] End-of-Year Finances 2018-19

Sent: Thu May 30, 2019 • 12:09 PM PDT
From: Kneebone, Jason

[MVHS] End-of-Year Finances 2018-19

Music Families,

Sometime next week, the Books will CLOSE for the 2018-19 school year. Please take a moment and LOG ON to check current balances and update any new contact information. As always, we accept PayPal and checks made out to “MVHS Music”. If there is an outstanding balance on your students account, you'll also be receiving an Individual Balance Statement from Charms.

Our finances at a glance: Including two international trips this year, we ONLY HAVE roughly $13,000 in outstanding payments. That's great! This is $27,000 LESS than last year! IMPORTANT REMINDER: We will NOT deny participation in any Performing Arts class due to inability to pay. Payments are, and always will be, optional and voluntary but without funding like this (and tremendous support from the IMPA), we would lose the ability to financially support many of the fine co-curricular programs that our students get to participate in.

What does $13,000 look like for an Instrumental Music program?

LOTS of new Music

A new set of Adams Copper Timpani

3 new upright double basses

2 new Yamaha Bari Saxes

A single airline ticket in 'Suite Class' from San Francisco to Hong Kong (just for comparison)

100+ hours of band & orchestra clinician sessions

What if my student has a positive balance?

You have a few options here, depending on what's happening next year:

  • If your student is graduating or leaving the program, you can email Jason for a reimbursement check
  • If your student is graduating and has a younger sibling in the program, the balance can be transferred to them
  • If your student is returning next year, the positive balance can be rolled over to the 19-20 school year (this will be the default option unless advised otherwise)
  • ANY POSITIVE BALANCE CAN BE DONATED TO THE INSTRUMENTAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND, please email Jason if this is how you would like to proceed. (thanks in advance!)

Charms instructions can be found HERE

We appreciate all the support that we’ve received this year, especially from all the student and parent volunteers! Money matters will always be one of those tricky things, especially in a very competitive public school setting. No matter the circumstances, we will continue offering the best possible music education for all of our students.

All the Best,

-Jason & Anna