Message Archive for attendance

MVHS: Looking for Attendance Volunteer who speaks Spanish

Sent: Mon Oct 3, 2011 • 2:26 PM PDT
From: linda slattery

MVHS: Looking for Attendance Volunteer who speaks Spanish

Volunteers,

The MVHS Attendance office is looking for a volunteer who can speak Spanish.  Ideally, the volunteer would come in once a week in the early afternoon (like 1pm or 2pm) to check for saved messages in Spanish.

Every day, the Attendance volunteers document the calls left on the 24 hour Attendance line.  Any calls we cannot understand - including those left in Spanish - are saved for later.  The regular translator, Bi-Lingual Liaison Carmen Mercado, has been too busy lately to get to these saved calls.  As of last Friday, some calls from 3 weeks ago are still waiting for translation.

If you can help us out with this small, but very significant, need, please let me or Marilyn DeZordo Attendance Clerk know.  It is easy work that is very rewarding.  It is also an excellent chance to be on campus, hear all the latest news, and still be behind the scenes.

Please consider volunteering for this function.  Just call/email me if you have questions.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Linda Slattery
lbslattery@xxxxxxxxx
650-996-3450 mobile