Message Archive for attendance

MVHS: Looking for Attendance Volunteers for 2010-2011

Sent: Sun May 23, 2010 • 10:24 AM PDT
From: linda slattery

MVHS: Looking for Attendance Volunteers for 2010-2011
Parents,

The MVHS Attendance office is looking for help in the 2010-2011 academic year.  Please consider volunteering for this function.  In a nutshell, the job is to collect calls from the attendance voice mail box and to file the slips one day a week.  The job takes about 1-2 hours per week.  Would this be something that might interest you?

So you know what you are signing up for, here is a quick overview of the job.  The volunteer collects information from the Attendance voice mail box on attendance slips.  The day's slips are given to Marilyn DeZordo for entry into the computer system.  The school can get anywhere from 50 to 100 calls in a day, but we only handle those that come in to the automated message recorder between 4pm and 8am.  Any processed slips from previous days are filed.  The slips are sorted, alpahbetized and stored in each child's attendance folder.  It is not hard work and Marilyn is so grateful for any help that it makes that job rewarding.  It is also an excellent chance to be on campus, hear all the latest news, and to still be behind the scenes.

This job can be done every week or on every other week basis.  If you are interested but cannot commit to a date yet, just let me know.  Just call/email me if you have questions.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Linda Slattery
MVHS Attendance Volunteer Coordinator
lbslattery@xxxxxxxxx
650-996-3450 mobile