Message Archive for attendance

MVHS: Looking for Attendance Volunteers for 2008-2009

Sent: Sun Aug 17, 2008 • 4:48 PM PDT
From: linda slattery

MVHS: Looking for Attendance Volunteers for 2008-2009
Volunteers,

The MVHS Attendance office is looking for one or two volunteers for next academic year.  The job is to collect calls from the attendance voice mail box and to file the slips one day a week.  The job takes about 1-2  hours per week.  Right now, we have openings on every other Wednesday or Friday mornings.  Would you be interested?

So you know what you are signing up for, here is a quick overview of the job.  The volunteer collects information from the Attendance voice mail box on attendance slips.  The day's slips are given to Marilyn DeZordo for entry into the computer system.  The school can get about 80-100 calls in a day, but we only handle those that come in between 4p and 8a.  Any processed slips from previous days are processed and filed.  The yellow copies are made available to the students separated by first initial of last name.  The white slips are sorted, alpahbetized and stored in each child's attendance folder.  It is not hard work and Marilyn is so grateful for any help that it makes that job rewarding.  It is also an excellent chance to be on campus, hear all the latest news, and to still be behind the scenes.

Please consider volunteering for this function.  This job can be done every week or on every other week basis.  If you are interested but cannot commit to a date yet, just let me know.  Just call/email me if you have questions.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Linda Slattery
lbslattery@xxxxxxxxx
650-996-3450 mobile